Help improve everyday cycling in the Congleton area
- The higher the membership, the greater the weight of the Congleton Cycling Campaign and its efforts to make changes.
- Occasional social rides suitable for all ages and abilities.
- Regular meetings in Congleton for updates on the campaign.
- All this for free.
- Historically an annual membership per household of £5, with a membership card to gain 10% discount at our local cycle shop. Due to the admin involved for volunteers in collecting fees and issuing cards, we suspended this. However, we may resume this in the future if we feel it necessary.
- Publication of Congleton Cycle Network map and updated versions for local distribution including to primary schools for every year 5 and 6 schoolchild. Third edition published in 2011.
- Production of a cycle network map of the area in 2013 and 2017 (in conjunction with SE Cheshire Cycle Group), for local distribution. Once the new link road is built, we’ll update this and publish another edition.
- Cycle access to Congleton Park.
- Upgrading of the footpath between Newcastle Rd (A34) and Solly Crescent to an authorised cycle route, widened and surfaced.
- Improved cycle parking in and around town.
- Safe road crossings for Willow St. and the Clayton By-pass.
- Cycle lanes along West Rd. and the Clayton By-pass.
- Route 55 signs (including destinations) through the town.